Monday, December 23, 2013

Luke 24:36-37

Luke 24:36-39
 36 ¶And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Sonnet 743 Luke 24:36-39

The promise of a resurrection day
Is in those marks upon His hands and feet
The evidence He overcame the clay
And rose in death's inglorious defeat.

And more so is the promise to us all
That resurrection counts for us as well
And if we heed to heaven's loving call
We'll rise above the chains of death and hell.

And if you sing that your Redeemer lives
And pray in secret for confirming grace
And ponder on the wisdom scripture gives
And all His kind and good commands embrace.

Then you will find within as proof sincere
A peace that passeth every mortal  fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment