Wednesday, December 25, 2013

John 14:6

John 14:6
 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Sonnet 745 John 14:6

We sometimes glide across important words
Not stopping to determine what they mean
But I say pay attention to all thirds
Because they signal places we should glean.

Sometime ago I figured, just for me
That “study” “pray” and “work” engendered most
Of all the concepts bundled up by three
And my response is thereby diagnosed.

So Christ as “way” and “truth” and “life” reminds
Me of those duties that I sometimes shirk
And of the faithful triplet thread that winds
Through all of prayer and study and of work.

Yes He's the way, the truth, the life and so
My study, prayer and work will need to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment