Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jeremiah 1:4-5

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Sonnet 710 Jeremiah 1:4-5

When God calls anyone to do his best
At almost anything we do in church
That one is set apart and fully blessed
As he embarks upon his holy search.

And ancient prophets were, or so we're told
Ordained before they even came to earth
Thus called and their positions well foretold
In blessings given long before their birth.

And don't you think when your time came as well
When you were you but not yet born of man
But ready for a time on earth to dwell
That you were also ordained to a plan?

And that your greatest challenge is to find
And follow what your God thereby assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment