Saturday, November 16, 2013

2 Nephi 2:27

2 Nephi 2:27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all
things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to
choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men,
or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power
of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto
himself.

Sonnet 534 2 Nephi 2: 27

I take my table at this house of pain
And study such a menu as I can
The choices range from sacred to profane
To tempt the every appetite of man.

It all looks very good, at my first glance
But then I cast my eyes towards the price
Each item’s cost is shown in advance
Precise, clear-cut, exactly and concise.

To those who focus on the end result
The meal is chosen easily that’s best
No need to worry study or consult
Ignore the false descriptions, now undressed.

And so I order up, and catch my breath
I’ve chose between eternal life and death!

No comments:

Post a Comment