Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1 Nephi 3:7

Book of Mormon

1 Nephi 3:7
 7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sonnet 357 1 Nephi 3:7

We speak of testimony from the start
Expressions of belief are shared in love
And simple faith from deep within the heart
Is poured out like the sunshine from above.

And then when pure belief is on display
I ask a simple question with a smile
"Will you accept a call?" is all I say
And quick there comes the answer without guile.

So many Nephis in the church today!
Who never think to murmur or protest
Who think of nothing else but to obey.
And answer "Yes!" before they hear the test.

I hope that I'm the sort, when called, who stands
And goes and does whatever God commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment