Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Revelation 20:12

Revelation 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Sonnet 774 Revelation 20:12

What's with this opened book of life I see
The one for works both well or poorly done
How can it miss the most and best of me
My list of good intentions one by one.

So many good things that I meant to do
Should count for something on the judgment day
My heart was pure, my thinking oh so true
My wants and wishes ever on display.

And I was always generous to a fault
In noticing the pressing needs of men
I should not be denied my place exalt
Because I could not make some time for them.

I do not think a judgment is ideal
That seems to favour those whose works are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment