Sunday, January 5, 2014

1 Cprinthians 15:40-42

1 Corinthians 15:40-42
 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Sonnet 755 1 Corinthians 15:40-42

It's snowing as I read this verse today
The sun, the moon, the stars..., seem out of reach
And glory seems so very far away
I'm asking, “What does stormy weather teach?”

These clouds will test my faith, it seems to me
And fog will clog the memory of light
And even wind distracts so I don't see
The heavens as they are, though still in sight.

The thing is that I must, on cloudy days
Remind myself of what I really know
The sun, the moon, the stars..., those glory ways
Are waiting there for me beyond the snow.

And when I keep my faith through stormy days
My resurrected glory's bound to raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment