Thursday, January 16, 2014

D&C 1:37-38

Doctrine and Covenants

D&C 1:37-38
37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

Sonnet 775 D&C 1:37-38

I give my cheers of gratitude and love
A grand Hurrah! And happy hoot Hooray!
Then Hallelujah! To my God above
Hosanna! For this restoration day.

My shout is meant to come from deep within
And spread, I hope, across the universe
The message of respite from death and sin
Commandments overcoming Satan's curse.

And ordinances and the promised law
And prophesies and blessings and the word
Chastisement mixed with wisdom without flaw
The doctrine by its covenants conferred.

Hosanna! For this book of prophesy
And Hallelujah from a bended knee!

No comments:

Post a Comment