Sunday, February 16, 2014

D&C 64:9-11

D&C 64:9-11
9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.
 11 And ye ought to say in your hearts—let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds.

Sonnet 805 D&C 64:9-11

When final judgment finally is wrought
I'll want for help and mercy to be sure
I'll need for sins forgiven and forgot
It takes a lot of grace to be judged pure.

And tragic would it be to have on hand
The silly sin of unforgivingness
The stupid simpleminded stubborn stand
That I should be the judge if you transgress.

Let God be judge of me, and more, of you
Forgive each brother freely and be free
Of such a mortal sin as wanting to
Be judge of those with whom we disagree.

I hope, for your sake, you've forgiven me
And that, for my sake, I've forgiven thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment