Saturday, February 1, 2014

D&C 18:15-16

D&C 18:15-16
 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

Sonnet 790 D&C 18:15-16

It's too late now for me to meet this test
I've spent too many days in sheer neglect
I haven't always tried my very best
My missionary zeal has been suspect.

But even in my accidental ways
I've stumbled to success a time or two
And tasted of this joy in my days
By doing what good missionaries do.

And much as anyone who should repent
I need to keep in mind these joys I've had
And over come the forces that prevent
Me from pursing things that make me glad.

I guess if I would “labour all my days”
I'll have to start today to change my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment